File System Watcher
- Last Updated: 02 June 2010
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 11524
File System Watcher can monitor and report changes on a filesystem. Files that are created, deleted or changed based upon some rules are reported to a list. This list can be exported as a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file to be read by Excel for example.
VOTE THE FEATURES YOU WANT TO BE IMPLEMENTED FIRST
Look at the left panel or contact me per EMail.
- Works on network drives as well!
- List can be displayed in "follow" mode (always shows the bottom elements) or in free positioning
- Colored rows: Errors and Deletions are red, Renamed files are blue. To see the changes at first glance.
- FileSystemWatcher-1.0.0.zip [37KB, 2009-10-25]
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?...
- Works on Linux/Mono as well (tested on Ubuntu 9.04 LTS)
- Only one directory tree can be watched right now
- Details on the changes are not reported (mainly due to the .NET component FileSystemWatcher limitation)
- Cannot be used on removable devices
- Cannot be used on read-only volumes (would not be of big benefit anyway :-) )
Contact me in case of trouble with the tool or if you have suggestions (See Impressum)